17. Bonsai single or group of plants. Exhibitor to provide own stand if required.
18. Vase of 5 single spikes of any one Heather in flower.
19. An arrangement of foliage in society’s vase.
20. Five florets arranged on a card or dish one or more cultivars.
21. Patio container of mixed planting.
22 One pot single cultivar of ornamental grass.
23 Any plant or arrangement solely maintained by a person below the age of 14.
24 Vase mixed dried seed heads and grasses
25 Vase Autumn berries and foliage
26 Vase three heads Hydrangeas, one or more cultivars
26a Big sunflower head
Outdoor Chrysanthemums Class
27 One bloom, disbudded, any cultivar.
28 One vase, three sprays, not disbudded.
29 One bloom, giant, any cultivar, over 10” (254mm) in diameter.
30 One bloom, large, any cultivar 8”-
31 One bloom medium, any cultivar 6”-
32 One bloom, small, any cultivar 4”-
33 One bloom, miniature, not to exceed 4” (101mm) in diameter.
34. Three blooms, pom pom, one or more cultivars, not to exceed (51mm) in diameter.
35. One vase, five single flowered blooms, one cultivar.
36. Dahlias with dahlia foliage, arranged for effect. Container not to exceed 10” in diameter.
36a. Vase of mixed blooms arranged for frontal effect.
Notes for exhibitors:
Wash the roots of all root vegetables., Potatoes can be washed/scrubbed with a soft brush or scouring pad.
Foliage of Carrots and Parsnips to be trimmed back to approximately 3” (76mm).
Peas and beans to be displayed with some stalk attached.
Don’t skin your onions, but do wash them and cut off roots.
Tie tops of onions and shallots with uncoloured raffia.
Cut rhubarb abd beetroot leaves to 3”.
Sand can be used to display and stabilise tomatoes on a plate.
Name vegetables if possible, so that visitors can identify them and grow them if they want to.
Leave foliage on leeks
37 Potatoes, three, any one cultivar.
38 Dwarf French Beans, six, any one cultivar, displayed with some stalk (best cut with
39 Beans, runner, six, any one cultivar, displayed with some stalk (best cut with scissors)
40 Beetroot, three, any one cultivar, trim foliage to 3”.(76mm)