1. The name of the society shall be the BILLERICAY HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY.
2. Its object shall be to encourage the science and practice of horticulture in all its branches by arranging: -
(a) At least one Show annually.
(b) Talks of interest to members.
3. That the management committee shall be empowered to affiliate to any Society with horticultural interests.
4. Membership of the society shall be open to any person subscribing annually such amount agreed at the AGM.
5. Annual subscriptions are due in JANUARY of each year and members who have not paid their subscription by 31st MARCH shall be deemed to have resigned from the society.
6. There shall be an Annual General Meeting of members held in the month of November each year.
7. The affairs of the society shall be conducted by a Committee of Management, consisting of the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Hon. General Secretary, Treasurer, Show Secretary, Assistant Show Secretary, Meetings Secretary, Membership Secretary, Press and Publicity Secretary and members – five to form a quorum
8. The committee shall have the power to appoint members of the society to act as stewards at the annual shows, or other functions organised by the society.
9. That upon receipt of a requisition signed by not less than 12 members of the society, the Hon Secretary shall call a special general meeting stating the business for which such meeting is called. No other business except that notified shall be discussed or transacted at such a meeting.
10. That no new rule shall be made, or existing rule amended or rescinded, except at the Annual General Meeting or at a special meeting called for that purpose. The notice convening the meeting shall specify the alterations or additions proposed and not less than 14 days notice shall be given of such a meeting.
11. The committee shall open a banking account in the name of the society with a bank the committee shall select and all monies received by the secretary or treasurer on behalf of the society shall be paid into such account. Cheques shall be signed by two of the following officers, Chairman, Treasurer, Vice Chairman or Secretary.
12. There shall be elected annually one Hon Auditor (not a member of the committee) who will audit the accounts, which will be submitted to the Annual General Meeting.
13. The committee shall have power to settle matters not provided for in the rules.
14. That after absence by any member of the committee for three consecutive times, without reasonable excuse, they shall be deemed to have resigned.